[CQ-Contest] Modes and Schedules in ARRL VHF/UHF Contests

Henderson, Dan N1ND dhenderson at arrl.org
Thu Sep 6 12:56:15 EDT 2001

We have been asked to comment on several questions related to ARRL VHF/UHF
contests.

Nothing in our rules prohibits any specific mode or modes in VHF/UHF
contests. We allow all modes in VHF/UHF contests. Also there is nothing that
prohibits use of a decoding-type device.  The one limitation is that any QSO
claimed for contest credit must be completed during the contest.    Both
parties in a QSO must send and acknowledge the required contest exchange
during the contest period.  Taping or similar means of storing information
for decoding after the contest period would not be permissible.

There is nothing to prohibit setting up schedules by any means before the
start of the contest period.  However, any schedules made during the contest
period must be made by amateur means only.  Internet chatrooms, email,
telephone calls and other non-amateur mediums are not permissible for
scheduling contacts during the contest period.  Also, remember that any QSO
claimed for contest credit must include the sending and acknowledgement of
the required contest exchange during the contest period.

Have a good contest this weekend.

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager