[CQ-Contest] Fall CW Sprint - Rumors #9_9

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 10 07:55:50 EDT 2001

--- "Marijan Miletic, S56A" <artinian at siol.net> wrote:

> Games were played in Istambul, TA1, EU part of Turkey.  We got African Italy
> in CQ WW so I wonder why African Maldives are missing?  I hope K3EST has
> safely returned from JA?

The reason that Italy and Turkey have continental counterparts is that Turkey
and Italy are on the WAEDC countries list.  That is the list that CQ uses to
identify entities for the CQWW contests.  Maldives is NOT on that list, there
is not part of the Maldives that is in Europe!  Therefore it is not necessary
to have different multipliers.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com