[CQ-Contest] Comfortable Headphones?

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Sep 11 12:24:42 EDT 2001

        I noticed that the SONY MDR V900 lists at $250.  This is only
$50 less than the Bose QuietComfort which uses active noise cancellation.
I have to contend with a noisy amplifier fan and also with an air
conditioner when it's warm and have often wondered about the Bose.  I
think it could also be great for multi-operator situations (external
ambient noise is one problem I've had with them).

        Has anyone tried this headset?  Is it comfortable for long periods?
Does the external noise cancellation really work as advertised?

http://www.bose.com/noise_reduction/personal/qc_headset/tech.html

        I see Bose even has a 30-day free trial period and am tempted to
try a set for one of the CQWW's but would love to hear anyone's firsthand
experience.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com