[CQ-Contest] Comfortable Headphones?

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 13:32:12 EDT 2001

I bit the bullet last year and bought the Bose headphones. They are one of
the best investments I've made since my first memory keyer. They cancel all
of the fan noise and there is little you hear besides signals. I have had
them on for 8 hour stretches with no discomfort, which is more than I can say
for the rest of the collection in my headphone graveyard..

I took the mic from my old Heil headset and ty-wrapped the mount to the Bose
and it has worked well for SSB contests. The only minor annoyance is that
some RF gets into the amplifier unit that is close to the plug end of the
cord. I do have to keep a stock of AAA batteries handy. They last about 6
weeks of daily use.

Tom, K5RC

PS: The photo in the new NCJ of me asleep at the switch was taken at K5XI
when I got stuck on 160. The technique is something I have been perfecting
for 40 years, "sleeping while tuning."

-

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com