[CQ-Contest] Last Weekends Contests

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Mon Sep 17 12:31:19 EDT 2001

Congratulations to the various organizers who decided to cancel or
postpone contests scheduled for last weekend.  It was a good decision.

As Contesters, we should try to take advantage of the "good PR"
generated, and make sure any articles written about the events last week
in the Amateur magazines, etc., also mention that contests were
cancelled or postponed.

All those who complain about contests disrupting thier communications,
should now take notice.  While we did the right thing, to keep
frequencies clear for any emergency traffic, the complainers were
probably still on the air complaining about something else.

73, Ron

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com