[CQ-Contest] Missing DOS files

Steve Maki steve at oakcom.com
Mon Sep 17 01:34:47 EDT 2001

PY2NY wrote:

>Hello all friends...
>I have a big problem here. By mistake, while
>running under MS-DOS ambient, inside
>CT (by K1EA) directory, I delete files
>of WAE SSB and All Asian SSB contests.
>I still need to send these logs and I am trying
>everything with an old "undelete.exe" from
>MS-DOS 6.22 disks that I found here in
>my home. But I believe that I am not knowing
>what to do correctly to recover the files. I can
>remember that I solved this situation a year
>before using the same "undelete.exe" but not
>how!! Any help from you contesters, will be
>welcome...

If you are now using a 32 bit file system
(Win 98, Win NT, Win 2000) the old DOS 6.22
tools won't work.

You need a 32 bit recovery tool. There are
many on the market. I can personally attest
to RecoverNT (http://www.lc-tech.com/) which
saved critical data for me when a software
striped set refused to be recognized by the
OS. Recovering deleted files is childs play
for this tool. BTW, although called RecoverNT,
it works on both FAT32 & NTFS.

Good luck.
--
Steve K8LX