[CQ-Contest] What RF voltage OK at Rx in SO2R?

Marijan Miletic, S56A artinian at siol.net
Mon Sep 24 09:04:55 EDT 2001

I lost W2SC email address due to BadTrans virus infection received from one
of cq-contest reflector recepients so let me answer Tom's question here.

Yaesu puts low voltage bulb ahead of 4 diodes.  Cold bulb has a very low
resistance of few Ohms and doesn't affect RX sensitivity much.
High RF makes it glow with much increased resistance.  I had 12 V car bulb
as an emergency light in my shack when long wire antenna was connected and
local 300 kW AM BC TX was runing :-)
RX didn't work without it as switching diodes were A_mplitude M_odulated.
BCI rejection filter was later installed.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU
www.miletic.net or http://artinian.bit.si/radio.htm