[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party this weekend!

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 25 10:32:41 EDT 2001

     This weekend is the Texas QSO Party.  I want to encourage everyone to get
on the air and work the contest!  This is a great opportunity to work many
Texas counties or even to finish up your Worked All States!  The TQP web site
is at: (http://www.k5vuu.com/tqp/).  You can download a list of all the Texas
counties with their standard four-character abbreviations.  There is also an
interactive map that lets you browse the 254 counties by region.  The TQP is
supported by TR LOG by N6TR, NA by K8CC, LogEQF, and many other popular logging
programs, or you can download a PDF of official TQP log sheets from the
web site.

     The contest is 1400Z on September 29 to 0200Z on September 30 and
1400Z to 2000Z on September 30 (this is 9AM to 9PM Saturday local Texas time,
9AM to 3PM on Sunday local Texas time.)  Activity is on all bands except 30, 17,
and 12 meters, so dust off that 6M and 2M gear as well!  Texas stations can
also earn a special Texas Counties on the Air Award.

     I hope everyone can find an opportunity to get on the air and have some
fun!

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com