[CQ-Contest] Amplifier venting

kk9a at arrl.net kk9a at arrl.net
Fri Sep 28 21:16:52 EDT 2001

I should have explained this better, but I was in a hurry.   A sail switch
mounts onto the side of a duct and has a large sail which sticks inside the
duct.  If the air is flowing it pushes on the sail and closes the switch
contacts.  When the air stops flowing a light spring pushes the sail back
into the original position and the switch contacts open.  They are commonly
used in furnaces to turn on electronic air cleaners and humidifiers. I know
Honeywell makes one which can be purchased at any place that sells HVAC
supplies.  They're not real expensive certainly much less then new tubes
should your fan fail. Good luck Scott, hope to work you in CQWW

73,
John  KK9A / P40A
www.iguanavilla.com