[CQ-Contest] Contest Keyers

k7qq at juno.com k7qq at juno.com
Sat Sep 29 06:40:02 EDT 2001

Just try using the keyer that is included with all the contest logging
programs. It sends at the speed that you have the   software set for and
is adjustable for weight etc in NA  and I assume the others.  Also allows
for type of keyer,  The only thing required is a female stero jack and 3
short pieces of wire to the db9/db25 connector.
With most newer radios the keyer is built in the rig,  I have used that
keyer also with no problem.

Quack       aka.  Rex

On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 11:08:18 EDT TOMK5RC at aol.com writes:

> Alas, I fear it is time to retire my Curtis CK1 and CK2 keyers.
> Any consensus on what bulletproof keyer to use for contests?
> Logikey? W9XT? Others?
> With most functions coming from the computer, the demands
> on the keyer are far less than in the past, but I don't need
> anything
> that is unreliable.
> Any collectors interested in CK1 and CK2 keyers? I have
> two of each.
>
> Tom, K5RC
> aka NV7A
>

> --