[CQ-Contest] Field Day Logging Software, Take 2

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at fyi.net
Sun Apr 21 20:26:34 EDT 2002

Murphy's Law has struck.

Talked with our blind amateur, about logging software today.  Found out, to
my embarresment, that somewhere along the way, his saying that his software
could NOT handle a DOS logging program got changed around to where I was
told that his software could ONLY handle DOS.  *sigh*  Sorry about that.

Part of that came about because his stuff won't work with all Windows apps
either (this came up 2 years ago at the club Pa QSO Party operation, when we
found out his stuff wouldn't work with KA3JWE's logging program for the
'test.)

So... turns out I'm looking for a Windows-based logging program to use for
Field Day.  New candidates include Win-EQF and N1MM's package.  Any other
suggestions?

...yes, we're still thinking about Networking, too.  Found out that last
year, someone went home for the night with their rig & laptop, and took the
20 Phone log with them.  So the next op started working a bunch of dupes.
So it goes...

73, ron wn3vaw

"There must be some mistake.  The Pirates in first? QRM on my end,
probably."
--John W3ULS (and there's no QRM, either)