[CQ-Contest] FD Software and Networking?

Mike Gilmer - N2MG n2mg at contesting.com
Mon Apr 22 06:19:06 EDT 2002

Also,

1) The ability to chat (great for those overnight
hours when only the operators are awake and nobody's
sure that anyone is manning the generators as well as
for other less-serious reasons).

2) The entire operations' log is on all machines (good
for backup purposes).

3) Thanks to number 2, the convenience of seeing the
total score on any given machine.

73 Mike N2MG

On Sun, 21 April 2002, "Randy Thompson, K5ZD" wrote

> It gives you the flexibility to use any station on
any band.  By having all
> the computers networked, they all have the current
log of stations worked
> and won't have to waste time chasing dupes.
>
> For operations where stations are dedicated to bands
or modes, it is
> probably better to avoid the hassle/issues of
networking.  Keep it simple!

> K5ZD

the networking
> > issue.  Am I missing something, why are the
computers being
> > networked?  No need for it at FD is there?  All you
submit is a
> > dupesheet.  Just wondering why the importance of
networking at FD?