[CQ-Contest] FD logging program

Dennis O'Connor k8do at amethyst.diamondcs.net
Tue Apr 23 09:53:52 EDT 2002

My experience has been with CT and TRLog... I have found that TRLog, run on
a dos machine (any version from 2.0 onwards to 5.0, not windoze faking it)
and networked off the 232 port is absolutely bulletproof...
An additional advantage is that the DOS autoexec.bat file can simply have
the name of the current contest inserted as the last line and whenever you
get a power interruption the machine simply reboots directly into the
contest without the operator doing anything except yelling at whoever is
responsible for power, "what happened to the !@#$%^&* power, dammit?"...

While all the computers are loaded with windoze on the harddrive, we simply
pop a DOS boot disc in the A: drive that  loads DOS (3.3 in my case) when
the machine is powered up... When the contest is over the floppy is popped
out of the A: drive and the machine reverts to windoze automatically...

Denny

Denny