[CQ-Contest] Re: Short contest calls.

KOHB k0hb at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 1 14:52:04 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Erik Holm" <sm2ekm at telia.com>

> Talking about US calls, can you people explain this to me, it?s
> been puzzling me for years.
> There is a K6 guy operating from KH6, he doesn?t sign /KH6
> or KH6/ just his K6 and two letter suffix. I have asked him on
> the air and he says it?s perfectly right. How can it be?? Does
> not seem to follow international regulations which also are signed
> by the USA.

The "K6" suffix is assigned to the USA.  Hawaii is part of the USA.  There is no
international regulation which says Hawaii stations must sign "KH6".  In fact,
Hawaii was originally "K6" and California was "W6" only.  Within the borders of
a country there is no international regulation how the prefixes must be
allocated.

o?o  73, de Hans, K0HB
--
  Help support youth involved in Amateur Radio.
  http://www.mnyarc.org