[CQ-Contest] Your thoughts on this one

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mb.sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 1 10:04:21 EST 2002

Hi Bill,

I think I have to side with the higher moral ground on this one.

I would send back a note expressing sympathy for their situation, thanking
them for participating in the contest, encouraging them to come back next
year and that you'd be happy to confirm the QSO. But because of the rules,
you could only do so after the log deadline.

Sometimes the hardest lessons are also the best-learned. I'm sure there
would be some disappointment, but if they had enough fun, they'll come back.
That they may not, I don't believe, is enough motivation to go against your
own values.

73, kelly
ve4xt