[CQ-Contest] Split Frequency in Contests?

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Sun Dec 1 20:14:01 EST 2002

Blake Meinecke wrote:
> You're not alone, Jim.  In addition, let me bring up another insane scenario
> regarding the stations I heard running pileups "by numbers" during the
> contest.
> If a new multiplier tunes in, but he's not the "right" number at that time,
> do those "by numbers" ops think the multiplier is going to patiently wait
> till he is???

Well, in actuallity, I really think the "by numbers" ops do think
everyone else is going to wait in line. Egos,,,,which are highly
contrary to their skills.

As to the split frequency bit, I'd suggest his transmit frequency
would be fair game to all.

Boy, would I love to hear one of our "hot shots" take it over and
start a run!!

73
Ed