[CQ-Contest] Non-Iambic keyers???

Dallas Carter ludal at dmv.com
Mon Dec 2 08:59:46 EST 2002

Hi Bud,
For one, I have never been able to send with an Iambic paddle.
Some would say that I can't send with a straight paddle either,
but that's for another thread.
When I was in Thailand, a friend made for me a gold plated
bencher clone with my name and Thai call embossed on the top.
It's a really cool paddle, and a treasure, but I couldn't send with
it.  I fashioned a paddle handle out of a piece of 1/2 inch plexiglass
and shaved it down to fit between the two iambic paddle arms.
With the arms bolted together, it performs like a straight paddle.

Photo on request..

73  Dallas  W3PP