[CQ-Contest] Non-Iambic keyers???

Bud Hippisley, K2KIR k2kir at telenet.net
Sun Dec 1 18:40:55 EST 2002

Does anyone know of any currently available electronic keyers that allow the operator to choose something other than an iambic algorithm?

In particular, I'm interested in keyers that, when used with double paddles, might implement either "dash override" (as did the old (K2)POO Keyer) or "last paddle closed", as in the venerable Ultimatic.

I know I'm not the only one who finds iambic a very unfriendly algorithm for double paddles, but I'm surprised at the lack of chatter about alternatives.

Bud, K2KIR