[CQ-Contest] Non-Iambic keyers???

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Tue Dec 3 11:28:19 EST 2002

At 09:38 AM 12/3/02 -0500, Barry wrote:
>Another tip re "switch hitting" CW:
>Back in the days before computer logging, I learned to send lefty, so
>that I could send CW and write at the same time. I found switching
>the paddle polarity (i.e. thumb paddle still sends dits, lefty) made
>it a very easy transition.

About 45 years ago I borrowed a very early electronic keyer from a friend
-- rather than rewire the paddle, I learned to use it left-handed and hence
backward -- thumb paddle sends dahs.  I've tried and failed to learn
iambic, and even to switch over to the proper way( thumb dits).  I'm now
convinced that to make either transition I'd have to do it on the other
hand, as Jim did.

PS  I use a 2-lever paddle.  Maybe that's why I send such crummy hand CW
sometimes.

73, Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower