[CQ-Contest] working contest from a car

Richard L. King k5na at texas.net
Wed Dec 4 15:19:42 EST 2002

At 18:03 12/3/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Ken wrote..."No one ever works a contest from their car."

One year during the ARRL 10M Contest, Susan and I were driving from New
York to Texas with a TS440. During the trip I worked the 10M Contest from
13 different states and sent a log in for each.

It was great fun and I actually won a certificate as high scoring single-op
from South Carolina. The biggest problem we had was with changing states
and then convincing the people we were calling that we were not a dup.

73, Richard

k5na at texas.net