[CQ-Contest] PACKET-CLUSTER

David Robbins k1ttt at arrl.net
Sun Dec 8 16:01:23 EST 2002

Why would stateside not spot stateside in a domestic contest?  Spotting
without a section is ok.  For users of ct and probably other packages
don't know how to sort out section and state multipliers in comments
anyway so you just have to find new qso's from the spots.  After you
work all the sections it doesn't matter anyway, all you want to do is
find new qso's.

Software other than ar-cluster knows how to filter spots for you.  CLX
and DX-Spider both have filter mechanisms, even the old PacketCluster
software can filter spots for you down to the originating node level.
If you don't know how to set filters to see what you want ask your
sysop.

as far as multiple ssid's spotting the same thing, that could be another
variation on the the bogus nodes who reinject spots trying to annoy
users and sysops.  For the most part those things are barely even
noticed as background noise in the huge volume of real spots during a
major contest... its only users who don't have anything better to do
than stare at spots and complain that seem to notice them.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net