[CQ-Contest] Contest Vacations

Ward Silver hwardsil at centurytel.net
Mon Dec 9 19:50:37 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm working on an article that will feature the "Casual Expeditioner".  I'm talking about the guy that decides to do a camping and fishing operation during California QSO Party from a rare county line.  Or maybe a guy that decides to combine a winter trip to Hawaii with a weekend of single-op, low-power in ARRL DX - and then stays for a week with his spouse.

The goal is to focus on the fun part of contesting and get people thinking about having a bit of an adventure.

You fellows know anybody like that?  It doesn't have to be you, personally, but if you could recommend someone that has combined business with pleasure, so to speak, that would be appreciated.

73, Ward N0AX

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---