[CQ-Contest] Key clicks improved on the Mark-V FIELD?

Barry N1EU n1eu at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:33:09 EST 2002

N4GN:" . . .comparing these three waveforms, I would expect the Field to be
much improved over both the original MP and the Mark-V.  In other words, it
looks to me like Yaesu has tried to address this issue in the latest
version, and the Field could be expected at least to have LESS of a key
click problem than the two earlier versions.  Maybe they even SOLVED the key
click problem with the Field."

Recently, ARRL started including keying sideband plots in their expanded
test results.  It is interesting to compare the Mark-V Field (p15 of
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/prodrev/pdf/lab/mark-v-field.pdf) with the
756Pro2 (p13 of
http://www.arrl.org/members-only/prodrev/pdf/lab/IC756pro2.pdf).  The Icom
is down nearly 60dB at +/- 1Khz and the Yaesu is only down 35dB at +/- 1
1khz, even with its improvements over the original MP.

73,

Barry N1EU
www.albany.net/~bg