[CQ-Contest] mobile contesting

Larry Johnson larryj at teleport.com
Sat Dec 28 23:14:23 EST 2002

I'm looking at mounting a set of Bencher paddles onto a solid base
that's securely fastened to the transmission hump or something REALLY
solid. After having been in a rollover (totaled the truck but I was
fine) several years ago when I hit unexpected black ice in Southern
Oregon (in Late May!), I realized that if I had a set of Bencher paddles
up front that they could have flown around the cab and KILLED someone!
That is some serious "heavy metal" that Bencher uses for their bases!
Nice to have on the operating table, but not flying around loose in the
cockpit.

Larry