[CQ-Contest] Been there, done that - felt 1" tall....

Dean Norris dnorris at k7no.com
Fri Feb 1 17:24:15 EST 2002

At 13:06 2/1/2002, Georgek5kg at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 02/01/2002 8:37:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>k4oj at tampabay.rr.com writes:
>

> > "Would this be a feeling like the one that overwhelmed me the other
> > day when I moved off a DX station's the other day, and called
> > another DX station for 20 minutes before realizing I was on split and
> > never moved VFO B??"
> >

>Reminds me of the day I walked into the shack and realized that the
>transmitter was sending a string of dits at a full KW on 7007 khz because
>something had pushed up against the paddle....and had been for hours!  When I
>cleared the paddle, someone immediately said "tu" on the frequency.
>
>73, George, K5KG

A number of years ago, a fella  inadvertently set the mike for his 2 meter
rig in the seat of his comfy ham shack chair.  The mike slid in and the PTT
was activated.  Well, apparently the rig was in his bedroom.....

Those listening on the repeater were treated to more information about his
lovemaking practices than they wanted.  I don't think the horney little
devil was ever ID'ed.

cdn

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com