[CQ-Contest] Little Gun Dilemma: Callsign not acknowledged

Ron D. Rossi rrossi at btv.ibm.com
Tue Feb 19 13:13:39 EST 2002

>>>Bill at ng3k.com said:
>
> At step 4, my personal preference is:
>
> 4  me: big0gun r ng3k 599 md
>
> but this does slow things down and very few do it, so
> I "go along".  And I suppose big0gun has no real vested
> interest in whether or not I get his call correct.  As
> long as I'm close and I log it, he'll get his points.
> But, by the same token, if he has my callsign slightly
> wrong, he looses points, but I get mine.

You answered your own question! It is not the sprint, and it is not life or
death traffic. You did your duty restating your callsign correctly. Move on
it's big0gun's problem. Likely it is correct in the log.

I am sure I miscopied calls in this fashion. I'll get hit. It is okay with me.

--
73 es God Bless de KK1L...ron (kk1l at arrl.net) <><
Ron Rossi H/P SRAM Engineering -- IBM Microelectronics

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com