[CQ-Contest] Calendar/Scheduler

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Wed Jan 2 17:16:35 EST 2002

> Hi
>
> Can anyone recco. a ( computer) calendar/scheduler/organiser for
> contest use?
>
> The things I've seen seem too complex for the purpose, and I
> suppose all I really need is a sort of a wall calendar with
> lines for each day that I can enter the various contests into,
> and then bring up on screen at will.
>
> Perhaps I could usefully employ something else, and would be
> grateful to know what others are using, and what value you find
> in them.

Clive,

I use MS Outlook for my e-mailer and for my Calendar and Contacts List.  It
works super.

I even sync up my calendar and contacts list on my home PC with my Compaq
Aero 1550 (PocketPC) handheld computer (personal opinion: it's better than a
Palm) and then sync my work PC up with my Aero. If I make a change on either
of the three, the change(s) will eventually get reflected on the others the
next time I sync up with them.

For contests, I usually set the reminder to a couple of days out from the
contest date.

After the contest, I put in my results.  When the results are finally
published in the mags, it's a simple matter to go back to that date and open
the calendar item for the contest and compare my submitted with the
published results (then wonder how I could make so many mistakes).

Alternatively, Franklin Day Planners work well, too, but you have to buy the
annual refills.  If you aren't using it for anything but contest date
logging, it's not worth it.  (My Aero replaced my 9-year-old FDP after 3
days of evaluating it.)

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com