[CQ-Contest] Re: So you think......???

w5gn w5gn at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 11:25:22 EST 2002

Aside from what the ARRL should do, if they ultimately
have to reduce the printed pages by deleting either
the Section News (the one I'd cut first) or Contesting
(the one I'd cut last - removing contests would impact
 QST ad revenue far more than Section News),

I would strongly recommend we members be given the choice to:
  go to the web to look at the material, or
  automatically receive the material via email

I shouldn't have to stop what I'm doing to go to the web
to read that information, unless I choose to.

Using a ListServer ("reflector") is extremely cost effective;
members can self-manage their subscriptions, so no ARRL staff
time is required, and the software is very inexpensive and
easy to install and run.

Barry, W5GN

Herbert W. Barry Merrill, PhD
President-Programmer