[CQ-Contest] Quick Poll

Ron St.Laurent nd5s at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 11 06:13:50 EST 2002

Polls are not the end-all.  In our Township a poll firm was hired to assess
the needs and wants for an indoor ice arena to be funded privately but
backed by the taxpayer.  The poll came back with 80% in favor.  Private
citizens were outraged and forced the issue onto the ballot by going door to
door getting signed petitions.  The ice arena was soundly defeated at the
ballot box by 78% of the voters.  A private firm then built an arena, less
than three years later they filed bankruptcy.

Polls can also be swayed by the way the questions are fabricated.

Ron ND5S (member ARRL)