[CQ-Contest] New FT-1000 MRK-V Display Problems...

Rich Hallman - N7TR N7TR at rnodx.org
Sun Jan 13 20:31:37 EST 2002

I just sent this to the Yaesu List, but thought this might be appropriate
for here also...

I just found another MRK-V that failed for the same Display problem..

Serial #1D260318

Thanks...Rich N7TR

***********

I just received my second Mark-V from HRO and failed for the same problem as
the first one.  I also received another email from a user who had the same
problem.

After several hours...or some times a few days...The Display on the MARK-V
goes blank (Dark).  Hard-Resets do not fix the problem and then needs to be
returned to Yaesu (HRO).

Here are the serial numbers that I know of that have the problems so far:
#1D260320
#1D260141
#1D260479

If you also have seen this problem please let me know your serial number and
where it was purchased from.  Starting to look like a production issue.

Thanks...
Rich

Rich Hallman - N7TR
Reno, Nevada