[CQ-Contest] Heil mics and the Icom-735

kl7ra kl7ra at blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 22 08:00:49 EST 2002

Hi Robert

The resistor that needs changing in the 781 is impossible to
get to and I have had the radio mostly apart for other reasons.

Changing the resistor may help but adding mic gain by their
Icom amp (which is the same thing) didn't do much for the VOX
and it was still "fussy".

The best fix that works great is to get their ICOM Heil headset
which uses the Icom DC voltage to power its electret element.

It's new and now available.

73 Rich KL7RA

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com