[CQ-Contest] Time to Get Off the Pot

Jim Idelson k1ir at designet.com
Tue Jan 22 14:55:16 EST 2002

Responding to two messages:

1. Ward, one correction. The Contest Coverage Working Group is not pulled
together yet. We need volunteers. Here's what we need in terms of skills and
experience:

- Long-time, experienced contesters
- New, less-experienced contesters-in-training
- Non-contesters [anti-contesters?]
- Business/marketing experts
- Sports journalism/writing experts
- Electronic delivery experts

Volunteers - please contact me at k1ir at designet.com

2. How do you get a contesting article in QST?

My February 2001 article "A Journey to Sweepstakes" was REQUESTED after I sent
in a photo of two young hams operating SS. The subtitle was "How do we attract
more young people to Amateur Radio? Coud contesting provide the answer?" I
suspect the link to a more generally provocative topic was an important
editorial consideration.

Articles that are introductory should be looked upon favorably, and articles in
which contesting is important, but still subordinate to a topic, will get a
good look.

73,

Jim K1IR

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com