[CQ-Contest] What the ARRL Board did

Gary J. Ferdinand W2CS at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 24 09:47:32 EST 2002

Gollllllly!  Amusing, but save us from the lawyers, please!  And to think I
was about to let this go, figuring I had made my point.  I don't think so.

Perhaps what we all should do from this point on is measure our directors on
their ability to consult with the membership over non-mundane items.  If,
when (re)nomination time comes around, we have a few directors who think
that member involvment is superfluous, one of us in those divisions should
get off our butts and get nominated in opposition.  Doing so would have
nothing to do with who is a friend or who is a nice guy/gal, but rather who
is effective.

Otherwise, you're right, Ward.  All this discussion about how the Board
behaved is just venting and will amount to nothing and we'd all best "cool
down [W0CP]" and polish up our delete keys for any of us left who can't take
the apathy hint.

How about a "Contester and DXer ARRL Political Reform Party?"  With the
internet it shouldn't take up much time to compare notes and keep score on
who's doing a good job involving the membership and who is ignoring us or
treating us with distain.  The ARRL is our (only) organization; perhaps it's
time we devoted some serious ergs to taking it back.

Or maybe we're all too busy contesting, DXing and running our daily lives
(very probably).

73/Gary W2CS

Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com