[CQ-Contest] RE: [Towertalk] dead grass

Leigh S. Jones, KR6X kr6x at kr6x.com
Mon Jul 1 15:35:49 EDT 2002

This is usually accompanied by a "moisture barrier" presented by the
concrete base.  Often it is enough to take care to water a little more
around the tower.  When the concrete's "base" meets the soils "acid"
the result is salt, which can damage some vegetation even if
neutralized.  In this case, extra watering is the answer.