[CQ-Contest] CW or SSB FCC says neither

K4SB hamcat at directvinternet.com
Fri Jul 19 18:51:25 EDT 2002

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wrote:

> I just did a search through some of the news archives.  I wanted to see
> exactly what Chairman Powell was quoted as saying and in what context.
> Guess what?  If this happened recently (and I checked as far back as March),
> no one seems to have reported it as a news item anywhere.

Well, I saw and read the entire comment also. It was a quote from
Chairman Powell. It very well be it was included in the ARRL letter
sent out every friday to those who subscribe.

Those who have mentioned this are very accurate in their reporting,
and it happened.

Why don't you query the ARRL about it if you are so unable to accept
the word of many
well known and respected hams?

And by the way, I would be very careful in quoting in the signature
file what is undoubably a highly guarded and copywrited commercial.

73
Ed