[CQ-Contest] UA 1 antennas

Alexander Avramov lz4ax at psu.edu
Sat Jul 20 02:33:19 EDT 2002

Yeah ! I'm glad to hear they are still there. I was in the same situation like you exactly 17 years ago - staying on the bridge and staring at the roof -hi. However, I had the advantage to be more or less fluent in russian and I even made an attempt to go inside the building. As you can guess, the door keeper wasn't very happy to see some 17-year old teenager speaking with strange accent and asking even more strange questions about some stuff on the roof. So I was told that it's too late (about 6PM) and there is nobody left which evidently wasn't true -hi. That was my first and last attempt to get in touch with russian HAMs during my stay there.

So, about your question - the antennas belong to RZ1AWT, the club station at the State Institute of Aerospace Technology. It's not RU1A but if I'm not mistaken RU1A team consists mostly of RZ1AWT members.  RU1A is strictly a contest site and is situated out of the sity, so I'm wondering why the organizers of this excursion didn't arrange something with RU1A gang - it could have been really interesting, at least this the biggest MS in this part of Europe. Actually 2 guys from RU1A - RW1AC and RV1AW were among WRTC contesters.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your stay in the world's most beautiful city (sorry Paris, you're still far behind) and you'll keep good memories of that.

73,
Alex LZ4AX/AA3AX

multipart/alternative
  text/html