[CQ-Contest] the Eagle and the TOad have landed

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jul 20 03:33:27 EDT 2002

A small group of about a dozen enthusiastic members and friends of the
Florida Contest Group met WC4 E and K1 TO as they landed in Tampa tonight -
I mean this morning...

WC4E was a referee at the WRTC in Finland this year and as we all know K1TO
was again co-champion with N5TJ...

The bleary eyed duo having been flying for 21 hours was greeted with posters
balloons and official hoopla!

Thanks to all the FCG members who made it out tonight - and stayed despite
their flight being delayed for over three hours...

I think they couldn't get off the ground in Philadelphia because the
Frankford Radio Club was plotting to steal K1TO away from the FCG - not a
chance!

Welcome Home Jeff The Ref and Dan The Man

K4FCG