[CQ-Contest] making lemonade (was: ARRL report on line scores decision)

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn at n4gn.com
Thu Jul 25 23:24:33 EDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Trey Garlough wrote:

> Toward this end in November 2001 I introduced a propsal to the folks
> at ARRL HQ that the log submission deadline be cut from 30 days to 15
> days, effective with the contest season beginning with the 2002
> November Sweepstakes.

<snip>

> OK, so there you have the details of my proposal.  The purpose of this
> message is to solicit feedback from the contest community about how a
> 15 day log submission deadline would affect *you*.

I fully support this proposal!  In fact, it's hard to think of much else
to add to Trey's well-reasoned post.  I'm certainly hard pressed to dream
up even a wild hypothetical scenario where the difference between a 15-day
and 30-day submission window would make any difference to me.  And the
goal of greatly reducing the time to report the results is certainly a
worthy one.

So I'm very much in favor of implementing a 15-day submission window,
starting with this year's SS.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn at n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com