[CQ-Contest] Log Checking

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Sat Jul 27 07:01:00 EDT 2002

This sort of statement worries me:

>I just finished the SSB logs except for three problem logs and it took a
> full two weeks working several hours a day.  With 100% cabrillo I could
have
> checked the logs in a day and 70% of that is set up!. I now face a month
of
> grinding through the CW logs.  Get the log in proper format and the
programs
> will do the rest!<

My understanding was that, for CQWW contests at least, the
computer does NOT automatically apply any penalties. It
produces a list of potential errors and these are reviewed
by real people who decide whether they really are errors
and whether a penalty should apply. Have things changed,
such that the computer now automatically applies the penalty?

If not, I can't see how the logs can be checked in a day. Sure,
the results for WRTC were produced in a day but there were
only 52 entries, all (presumably) conforming to the specified
log format, and a team led by K1ZZ/G3SXW stayed up all
night manually reviewing the potential errors identified by
the computer log checking process.

Dave G4BUO