[CQ-Contest] New log deadline for ARRL contests?

ted demopoulos kr1g at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 7 03:56:26 EDT 2002

>When the contest time is up, it's up.  I press save and send it off.

Not for me. I fix calls like G444XYZ (sticky key probably) and ##DF2ABC
(clearly a typo). Obvious stuff I got wrong, and 95% of the time I KNOW it's
wrong ahead of time, but didn;t have the time or inclination to fix it
during the test (I haven't slept for 30 hours, I'm running at 100+, and I
type G444444444444444444ABC. I make a mental note to fix it when times get
slow, and maybe forget).

Also damn time errors. Writelog, god bless its heart, did a timesetback
(thats's a verb folks) during WPX SSB due to daylight savings time in
England. I manually editing over 1000 times (and got a few wrong when I
rechecked).

That said, I approve of faster log submittal times.

73
Ted KT1V ex KR1G