[CQ-Contest] Harmonic stubs

Paul Playford w8aef at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jun 28 03:11:02 EDT 2002

A couple of years ago I made 2nd harmonic coaxial shorting stubs for a
DXpedition using a noise bridge and what I think is conventional procedures.

We thought they worked great but when I actually had a chance to test their
performance with a near neighbor, I found they had no effect on the 2nd
harmonic.

Since then I have found a procedure to make effective shorting stubs that do
attenuate the 2nd harmonic (40m, 23 dB, RG8X) and these stubs have been on 2
DXpeditions with good results.

What I am looking for is a multi-multi contest station that presently uses
harmonic shorting stubs that would be willing to try one of my stubs and
compare it's performance to what they are using now.

Please reply to me direct.

de Paul, W8AEF