[CQ-Contest] March CQ arrives

K4tmc at aol.com K4tmc at aol.com
Sun Mar 3 22:23:03 EST 2002

Was out of town on business for a week.  So Saturday's trip by the PO Box was
very rewarding.  Received the latest issues of CQ and QEX, and a couple of
fishing magazines!

CQ…

Front page photo of someone's big thumb knocking off the top of some ham's
great tower with the caption "FCC KO's Expansion of PRB-1".  There are more
details inside.

Contest related items:
Equinoctial and Diurnal Path Switching, Part 2 (160M long-path & short-path
Dxing)
Antennas - Two Wires Will Do It!
Contesting - QRZ… Is This Contest Over?
Propagation - A Surprise Turnaround
Our Readers Say - Limit Contesting Frequencies (letter)(have not these guys
heard of the WARC bands!?)

Other interesting items:
Zero Bias (editorial) - FCC to Hams, Hit the Road; Plus Novice Band
"Refarming"; and the Return of CQ VHF
Journey to Mongolia
High-Frequency Transceivers (a market survey of what's out there)
I-Link, A Marriage Between Radio and the Internet
The Heyday of CW at Sea, Part 1
Reader Survey - "Refarming" the HF Novice bands
Add Scanning to Converted CB Rigs (just what everyone has been waiting for!!)
Washington Readout - ARRL Recommends Phone Band Expansion, FCC Shuts Door on
Extending PRB-1
World of Ideas - Keys 2002, New, Old, and Always Terrific!, Part 1
Beginner's Corner - Lightning Protection
Computers and Internet - PDAs, Fertile Ground for Amateur Experimentation
How It Works - Cells and Battery Packs Simplified
DX - The Most Wanted on the Air
VHF Plus - New 241 and 322 GHz NA DX Records Set

New EZ Raze Antenna Mast from Old Stone Inc., 10 - 40 feet.

And more…

73 & High Rates,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC