[CQ-Contest] Re: Assisted?

Jamie Dupree ns3t at arrl.net
Thu Mar 7 20:56:06 EST 2002

K5TR -

All I can say is very interesting research.  I'm sure that
will spawn a lot of debate...and maybe others should
do a search as well....because...

I just ran a search on the DX-SUMMIT spot database and
found something very interesting as well....a spot from the
contest under MY call - looking like I posted YP3A -
the problem is, I didn't spot anyone during the contest,
because I'm not connected to the net at my ham computer.

NS3T      21246.5 YP3A                                    YO2010 02 Mar 2002

That means "someone else" spotted YP3A - trying to
make it look like I did...probably trying to attract
some attention and extra QSO's.

I certainly can't prove that it was someone at YP3A, but
someone faked a spot by me - unethical and obviously
rather illegal.

That is unfortunate.  I am sure it happened to others.

Jamie NS3T