[CQ-Contest] More Good (customer relations) News, Bad News

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad at enter.vg
Fri Mar 29 06:43:10 EST 2002

-----Or The power switch recently failed. This a little el-cheapo lighted
rocker switch made by Carling and probably other manufacturers. I called
Ameritron and talked to a tech support type. He stated he would mail me a new
switch, but I would have to pay the $7.00 minimum plus UPS charges. He said
the switch was less than 2 bux. What the heck I wanted to get back on the air.
A week later UPS delivers a plain jane rocker switch, no light. This cost me
just under $10.00 with the UPS fee. Called the tech support person back and he
said no mistake, that is what they use now, probably because they could not
get the lighted one anymore. I said something like, "unbelievable" and hung
up.

A good source for switches is  :  Wes-Garde Components. They have locations
all over USA.

73
Rag Otterstad    LA5HE also JW5HE OZ8RO
located in Telemark - home of skiing.

My antenna "farm" can be found on HTTP://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he when you
click on  Radio.

Take a look at: http://WWW.visitTelemark.com

or  http://www.visitnorway.com