[CQ-Contest] Re: [Towertalk] Lightning Protection by Ron Block in QST!

Mark Beckwith swca at swbell.net
Tue May 14 07:48:13 EDT 2002

Pete said:
>I agree, as long as the Polyphaser guys acknowledge that most ham
>installations do not need to be connected to their antennas 24/7...
>I'd much rather disconnect
>every conductor outside the house and know I'm safe than gamble on being
>able to hold my shack at ground potential through "the big one."

So I have a dilemma.  Right now with the shack on the hill, I disconnect the
cables when I leave.  Like Pete says, it works fine - I get lightning, I
don't get damage.  One day I would like to have some amount of remote
capability, so naturally I watch the Polyphaser price list.

Any alternatives?

Mark, N5OT