[CQ-Contest] PC hits CQ-Contest

Hans K0HB k0hb at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 6 18:55:02 EST 2002

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 08:00:22 -0800 (PST) John Geiger <johngeig at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Do I take my rig and go home, and write
> messages to the reflector whining about
> how unfair it is?

John,

I don't necessarily agree with the thrust of the message from Ford, but he
damn sure wasn't whining about "unfair".  He was trying to make a point as he
saw it.  No we may see it differently, but sarcasm and accusing him of making
up stories to voice his view as waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line.

73, de Hans, K0HB

~~~
  We pass the word around; we ponder how the case is put by different
  people, we read the poetry; we meditate over the literature; we play
  the music; we change our minds; we reach an understanding. Society
  evolves this way, not by shouting each other down, but by the unique
  capacity of unique, individual human beings to comprehend each other.
          --Lewis Thomas, The Medusa and the Snail (1979)
~~~