[CQ-Contest] Busted calls and Uniques

VR2BrettGraham vr2bg at harts.org.hk
Wed Nov 13 04:08:30 EST 2002

AD1C continued:

> > Uniques _are_ removed from CQ WW RTTY logs.
> >
> > Since RTTY isn't a "real" mode, this should not worry most here.
>
>I really don't understand why the RTTY log checkers think that they're in
>their
>own little world when it comes to log checking.  Witness the fiasco about
>marking QSOs with UA9S stations as invalid when the UA9S sent Zone 17 instead
>of Zone 16 which is what the log checking software expected.  *EVEN THOUGH
>EVERYONE COPIED THE SAME ZONE FROM HIM!*
>
>I don't understand why they can't look outside of their opaque bubble and
>learn
>how these problems are dealt with in the real world.

Forgot all about UA9S - I should check these things more closely, but when
I see
a mainland China zone 23 contact in my log thrown out because I logged what the
station sent & that station sent the correct zone as bits of mainland China are
indeed in zone 23, I need not look further.

73, BW2/VR2BrettGraham