[CQ-Contest] SS CW thoughts

Tim Totten, N4GN n4gn at n4gn.com
Thu Nov 14 09:34:24 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Ron Feutz wrote:

> I just program 2 message keys (TR) for # and # - 1, for fills.  All you
> have to do is remember whether you are S&P (# - !) or running (#).
>
> If there is a better way to do this, someone please tell me.

Yep.

AUTO QSO NUMBER DECREMENT = TRUE

It's a beautiful thing.  Completely eliminates the problem of sending a
QSO number that's "off by one", and doesn't require the operator to think
about which button to push or, Heaven forbid, have to send something
manually.

As far as I know, Tree didn't patent this brilliant feature, so I wish the
other software writers would consider adopting a similar approach.

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn at n4gn.com
http://www.n4gn.com