[CQ-Contest] Re: no email for PA QSO party logs?

Doug Smith W9WI w9wi at w9wi.com
Sat Nov 16 14:43:29 EST 2002

> From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw at fyi.net>
> FWIW, there are a lot of us participants in the contest who hope that this
> will change, and soon.  I was hoping to find a way to help them
> electronically process logs, but those I contacted told me that for very
> good reasons they declined the opportunity.

One would think if they don't want to process them electronically, they
could just print out the received files?

I suppose in their defense, you never know what kind of files you're going
to get...  In the TN QSO Party, we ask for "any ASCII text format, Cabrillo
prefered".  Among the 53 e-mailed entries I got three Microsoft Word files,
an Excel spreadsheet, and a NA .QDF file.

Still...  We only got eight paper logs.  If we had to process the other 53
manually, checking wouldn't be nearly as good as it is.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66