[CQ-Contest] Re: MS-DOS end-of-life 31 December 2002

Jim Reisert jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 26 08:44:22 EST 2002

--- Zack Widup <w9sz at prairienet.org> wrote:

> Yes!  Try to find a card with a PCI slot that will do two or more RS-232
> serial connections.  I think there are a few out there, but they're very
> rare.

Finding one that does 2 serial ports using a shared IRQ is easy.  I use the
CompUSA "house brand" at home under Windows, but there are others.

However, finding one that has separate IRQs for each port is much more
difficult.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC